Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Steampunk


I've been collecting watch and clock parts, gears and faces for years.  Never really knew why, but found them compelling.  They've been tossed into hotel silver goblets or used for jewelry displays in my store.  A light bulb went off when introduced to the steampunk style, years ago.  It combines my love of all things Victorian- clothes, mourning jewelry, steam trains, Jules Verne and yes, gears.  The neo-Victorian style was picking up speed in the late 1980's but appears to be alive and well in the laptop and bluetooth era.



















My modest, yet original (1980's) pair of steampunk sunglasses.

PS  That's not my hand---it's fake and was a Christmas present
from my friend, Jim.





Clock parts as objets d'art, with a fossil, in my loft.










I

No comments:

Post a Comment